Fun Friday Work...

For the first time ever, I am allowed to decorate my door at work. In fact, I am encouraged to do so this year. So, I am going to.

My doors are currently covered in green paper. This is because we only have four types of butcher paper in the school right now - red, yellow, green, and purple. I decided that green would be the best as I could then transition the same background into a winter holiday theme without having to re-wrap my doors.

I need to go buy some paper plates and some packing tape to finish things up.

Here's my idea.

I am going to make a skeleton band for my music room double doors. I'm thinking rock band for some reason. I saw a way to make skeletons from paper plates (things can't be too scary for my students), and I know how to make instruments out of cardboard. So, I am going to cover myself in [shudder] glitter and glitter glue while I try to make my vision a reality. Thinking about this, I may seriously reconsider the whole glitter idea... I HATE glitter.

My idea is already evolving. I have some large foam sheets in different colors. These can be used for the instruments. I have some foam stickers that we can use to decorate the instruments for the band. Kids can help me put things together when they come in to shop in the student store today. Many hands make for light work, right? I have placed the foam sheets, the foam beads, and the low temperature glue gun and glue sticks on top of my work bag, so I am ready to go!

I'll post pictures when I am all done!

UPDATE: Here is the finished product!







                                                                                                                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA