Friday

Today is Friday, my catch-up day.

It wasn't originally intended to be a catch-up day - it was supposed to be an individual treatment day. Part of the deal of moving to my big, BEAUTIFUL music therapy room was that I would also play host to our student incentive store. So, for four hours today, I will have all of the classes tromp through my room to go shopping in one of the adjoining closets.

It is difficult to run therapy sessions with an audience (not to mention, completely unethical!!), so Fridays are my day to get things finished and coordinated.

I have to do my documentation from yesterday (I have finished all other documentation from this week - hooray!), but then I am finished with administrative requirements for this week. I have some time to finally make something new for my clients. I'm thinking calm-down bottles.

I bought baby oil, clear glue, glitter glue, glitter, and some beads for my bottles. I'll put them together, super glue the lids, and I'll have some calming tools for some of my students.

I also need to organize some client pictures for choice boards. They are currently scattered around several different devices, so I need to get them onto one and only one. I'm going to focus on that task as well so I can finish my choice boards. Once everything is printed, I can cut it out, laminate it, and velcro it! It will probably be finished in about a month (since I will get started but won't actually be able to finish today) - but, forward progress is my goal today - not completion!!

My Fridays are for future planning. Next week is the Musician of the Month reveal, so I need to find other TMEs to supplement what we have focused on during this month. We will review belly breathing, sound exploration, and percussion instruments while working on our therapeutic goals. I just have to figure out my session strategies for the next week, and it will be time to go!

My Fridays are also for peer supervision. The art therapist and I spend our Friday lunch times off campus and engaging in supervision. She was sick last week, so we didn't get to engage in that way, and I missed it. We get to do supervision today. Hooray!

Happy Friday, all. I hope that you have some time every week to work on things that allow you to be the best music therapist you can be. That's what my Fridays are for - finishing pesky little tasks that become big problems later. It's time to go forward into a potentially creative day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA