Bullet Journal Update - Things Are Working

So, I tried this fancy thing using my document camera and taking me through my bullet journal-type planning strategy process, but I lost the video somewhere in my computer, so that won't be happening this morning. 

Now, I am not a traditional bullet journaler - I just can't spend lots of time drawing things into my journal, and I don't have the disposable income to buy all the stamps and stickers and fancy pens to be a true bujo'er, but I'm okay with that. My system works for me. I have a page in my journal/planner for idea development. I have calendar pages and weekly pages. There are lots of other pages in my planner that I don't really use because it is a teacher planner, not a therapist's planner. I'm thinking about what I would like to have in a therapist's planner and then design that for me (and for other music therapists out there).

As I am dreaming about this, I envision a place where I have the Music Education standards that I am focusing on this year with my students (I have to - this is the only place where many of them get any type of successful music education experience). There is another place where I can keep track of group goals. Yet another place for individual goals and data. A place where I can write songs down as they happen. What other things could I include?

Ooh. Things are taking shape...

  • Weekly schedule pages for session strategizing - include the things that I have on my session strategy sheet - domains, specific goals, things to think about with specific clients, etc.
  • An inventory page with a budget attachment
  • Master Calendar with notes pages for taking notes during meetings
  • TME development pages - sheet music and goal areas
  • Things to research, define, investigate
There are other things that I would like this book to include and be...
  • Removable pages 
  • Customizable so that each person could include what he/she needs
  • Covers that are stiff to let me write anywhere and everywhere
  • Tabs so I can flip between sections easily
  • Color-coding!!
  • Goal tracker for individual and group goals - making data collection easier for therapist during sessions - maybe start with a bookmark that then gets transferred to the goal tracking page - something that can be used for each group of the day? Hmmm.
  • Session pages - a place to put observations about each session that I run. Could include data collection, goals/objectives/benchmarks, session focus, specific information about clients
  • Place to store my fancy pens and pencils with the bullet journal along with stickers and stamps...
I could do this. I could take the things that I like about my current system and change the things that I don't like about that system and make it better for me. I will start with my current book - I'll change some of the pages and add others. Once I know what I can use, I'll make something for other music therapists to use and personalize for their own lives.

Oooh! I now have a project! What fun.

Here's a picture of how I use my planner as my journal - 
I'm off to my job. Time to be thinking a bit more about this idea and design element. See you tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA