TME Tuesday: I'm Thinking I Need Another Table

So, I've been writing therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) for a long time now, and I've adjusted my format to reflect my thought processes many times. I like the format that I have now for my TMEs, but I'm thinking that it is time to add something into TMEs from now on.

I'm going to add a new table.
Lately, I've been thinking lots about goal orientation for my TMEs. This is coming from my current project, working on CMTE course content, and the thoughts that have come from most of my course modules. One of the things that I strive to do is to become better at explaining exactly what I do in each one of the TMEs I offer. I think that this is best explained by knowing my goals and my therapeutic domains backwards and forwards.


If I spend some time on thinking through my desired and unintended goals for a specific TME, then I am more likely to be able to justify my role in the lives of my students. (Not that I have that opportunity that often, but I do need to have this foresight occasionally...)


All of that thinking makes me contemplate how I can make this goal indication a natural part of my TME routine. My brain automatically goes towards "TABLE!" As a result, I am going to expand the "Purpose" part of my TME plan from now on.

Are you ready?

Here's the entirety of my new table...



Purpose:
Motor
Academic/
Cognitive
Social/
Communication
Emotional/
Behavioral
Musical
Other














I'm intending to have several different rows under the table titles. So, what does this look like in a TME plan?



Purpose:
Motor
Academic/
Cognitive
Social/
Communication
Emotional/
Behavioral
Musical
Other
Gross - Upper Extremity
Complete sentences as leader
Receptive language - during follower role
Impulse control
Interpretation of musical elements through movement
TBD
 Fine - pincer grasp

 Expressive language - during leadership role
 Attention to task as both leader and follower
 Entrainment to external stimulus




 Here's my new format. It will probably go through some changes as I tinker with it, but this should help me identify multiple goals for every TME that I write from now on. 

(By the way, any of my previous TMEs will not have this unless I add it, so some of the TMEs that I present may not include this new table, but all my TMEs from now on will have this table included.)

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA