"Finish Things" Day

Today is the day I get some things finished. I am declaring it "finish things" day.

I usually spend my vacations thinking that I can always do the next task later in my vacation, and then the vacation ends. At the end of vacation, my list is usually still very long. Not this time around.

Today is "finish things" day.

Here's what I want to finish today.
  1. File Folder Activities - I have a bunch of new things that I've made that need to be laminated. Laminating is not a problem for me, but cutting things out takes time, so I have to really be dedicated to finishing something to get it done. Today I will put all the little pieces onto the laminating film, run them through the laminator, and then start the process of cutting them out. I have the Velcro ready to finish things up - I just have to start.
  2. "Choose" signs for my clinic - I am starting off a new choice system using my large rolling cabinets and picture icons. This system has to be made. While I am laminating things, it would be really easy to slide these into the stack.
  3. Course Outlines - I am halfway finished with what I want to have completed for my first CMTE course offering. I need to find topics that inspire me to talk and record more course modules.
I will try to do some of the other things that are piling up around here - vacuum my bedroom, organize my office space, take out the trash and recycling, and moving things around.

For me, a day like this needs a plan. So, I will put together a plan.

The center of my plan includes this little tool - my R2-D2 timer. I wish I had tons of these, but any old timer fulfills my need.

I seem to do best with a 30/30 pattern. I start with 30 minutes on the timer, and I work. Then, I take the next 30 minutes to do something electronic or something for fun. Repeat as needed until things are done.

This format seems to keep me going for several hours as I move through my to-do list. When I am finished blogging, this is what I will start - 30/30 until I am tired or disinterested. At the moment, I think I'll first do some kitchen cleaning. It always needs to be cleaned. After that, some time with course content is called for. After that, some time with the laminator would be a good thing. I'll progress through some of my vacation to-do list today.

I am ready to get started with this day.

Time to finish some of the things that I've started. Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA