Stay-cation

Today is the first day of my longest break this year. It's not quite long enough for me to be completely bored with staying at home, but it's long enough to get some things done. I decided not to go home this break because I didn't have quite enough time to get home, get back, recover from the trip, and then get ready for work. So, I am staying here for my break.

I like these types of vacations - the ones where I have little to no plans and can do whatever I want (with a little bit of money available). I try to "go" somewhere on Google Earth every day. In my past stay-cations, I've been to Bahrain, to isolated islands in the Pacific, to a secular temple in Texas, to Disney's birthplace, to places I would like to work, etc.

I am going to make a list of places to visit vicariously during the next several days. In addition to using Google Earth to see what the place actually looks like, I also look at any websites I can find that relate to that particular place. I enjoy learning about different places.

I may get really adventurous and head out into the real world. I told my Dad that I may head north to Nebraska (them's fighting words to my Dad, and I know it! I riled him up on purpose!!). He suggested Colorado, but I've been there this year, so I may try to go a different direction this time around. For some reason, north is calling. 

The one thing I know for certain is that I will be doing things. I will be singing to the cat. I will be trying to make my dreams a reality and will continue to think about music, therapy, and me.

Have a happy Friday.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA