Monday Morning - It Feels Like This Happens About Once a Week

It's Monday Morning again, and I am dragging myself to the middle week of the second summer session. Only two more weeks until our next big break, and then no big breaks until AMTA Conference and Thanksgiving. I can make it through these next two weeks. I can.

Our Extended School Year (ESY) consists of several students who need educational services during months when their school districts do not provide those services. It also means that several of our students are not present. With the nature of our school, - approximately 50% are day students and consistent and the other 50% are residents and less consistent - we have lots of new students who haven't met our folks missing from ESY. It will be challenging to fit the old folks into what will feel like new classrooms. (Believe me, I've done this 22 times now. It is never easy.)

I have more difficulties during the summer months with the Monday morning phenomenon than I do during the school year. I think this is due to the fact that I work more during the school year. Saturdays are my only days off (and they aren't always entirely mine due to my work with OCMT.) Sundays are work days, and I don't seem to get into rest mode as much as I do during the summers. Add in my reluctance to be out in the heat, and I think I know why I dread Monday mornings so much during the months of June and July.

Today, in the two hours since I've been officially up (not counting the fact that I was awake at 1 am for some reason...), I have purchased some songs for class video projects, I have watched some television, and I will shortly be in the shower, getting ready for the workweek. I have my session strategies finished for this week, and I am working on next week's strategies. There is only one more Monday morning for this summer session.

Happy thought.

I hope getting going on your Monday morning is easy. Enjoy the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA