The To-Do List

Today's to-do list is a combination of the necessary (but mundane) and challenging (and open to all sorts of possibilities). I must do some cleaning - the kitchen needs it, the bathrooms need it, and basically, every thing needs it around here. There are dishes to do and laundry to clean. I also have some CMTE course content to create. (I still get a strange thrill when I get to say that!! P-165!) I need letterhead and materials for course demonstration elements. I need to spend some time in Paypal organizing things. I need to structure my website a bit differently. The list keeps getting bigger and bigger all the time.

It is also my Saturday - the only day of the week that I don't have to work outside of my home. That means that I can take a nap when I need to, and I often feel the need to do so during the early afternoons. I will chip away at the tasks that are on my list, but I will relax about getting everything finished - there will always be more to put on the to-do list.

Yesterday was the Talent Show. These are annual events that most folks seem to enjoy. We saw some interesting acts - one kid slam-danced (though I doubt that would be his definition) while a frenemy played the drums. Another student was able to overcome severe complications of a diagnosis to swing dance for the school - all of his school mates cheered loudly throughout his presentation. One student sang an operatic aria in French (he's new and I had no idea!). It was a good day and well worth the hour that it took for me to move things back and forth from my room to the performance venue.

I think I am going to start making a new to-do list for my days. I think I will include something creative, something just for me, and something that I should do. Today's quests are to make a new letterhead for my CMTE courses, take a nap, and do the dishes. Those are the three things that I want to do today. I may do something else along the way, but I may not.

Tomorrow's to-do list will include laundry, making a paper rabbit for the song "Little Bunny Foo-Foo," and something else just for me - maybe a movie? Who knows what else will happen this week, but I think I'll try this format for a time.

Well, I'm going to start my day by loading the dishwasher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA