Last Day of Therapy at School

Today is my last day of therapy for the 2016-2017 school year. After today, I have a day and a half of planning and cleaning to go through before school is out for our early summer break. I've spent some time thinking about my summer sessions, and I am going to start figuring out what I am going to do with the kids during the summer session.

I've decided to try center stuff again. I am going to make it a bit more casual and things that the students can do without staff assistance (but I still need staff oversight for some of the stuff). There will be coloring sheets, hat-making, and sensory boxes. We are also going to spend some time working on coping skills and listening to the music of Saint-Saens.

So, the next two days will be dedicated to coordinating the graduation choir and finalizing planning for our extended school year (ESY). I can only do that when I have the time and space to take everything out of the cabinets, closets, and corners. I can clean everything and take stock of what I need to get to finish my plans. I am going to make some finger puppets for our fine motor dancing, and I need to print off some stuff as well. The laminator needs to come home so I can finish the Carnival of the Animals book that I found online.

Today, however, I am going to be part of three group therapy sessions and one individual session. We are going to spend time singing and moving. I hope that the day goes smoothly. I'll try to bring my A game and I hope that the clients find something in the sessions that they can relate to.

Tomorrow, graduation choir and then quiet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA