I'm Getting Lazy About Self-Care...and It Shows

This is one of those times when I am slacking on my self-care, and it is starting to take its toll on me. I can tell. Some of this self-care issue is schedule-based. It's been a busy couple of weeks. The complicated schedule continues with special events, lots of appointments, and things that need to be done NOW to accommodate the schedules of others. Most of this will be over by Thursday, but not all of it. I need to take time to do what I know needs to be done, and I will start out on a healthier path of care of self and others.

One of the things that I am striving to do in my quest back to self-care is making music just for me.

That isn't enough, though.

I have a day off on Friday which will include a visit to the car dealer for a recall repair. I'm a bit nervous about that because the lady who scheduled it said that they wouldn't let me just wait in the lobby, but would have to take me somewhere else. I'm not sure why that is, but I guess I will get into the van and come home while they figure out how to fix the defect in my little car. I will have cleaning and laundry to do and no real excuse not to do those chores.

I am going to face the chore of cleaning as a self-care exercise - letting go of the things that I've done that I no longer need anymore and rediscovering the things that are important to me. 

For the next two days, I will do the tasks that are in front of me. I will hydrate (something I haven't done well in the past several days), I will make my lists, and I will try to eat in a healthy manner. Once these two days are finished, I will keep going, but I will also spend some time engaged in active self-care.

It is time to start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA