Today is Presentation Day!

Ooooh.

By the end of today, I will have finished two presentations and my conference obligations will be done. I awoke at 3am local time and took my shower. I still have to venture out into the night and get my materials, but I am confident that I am ready to talk to music therapists about becoming a more research-informed clinician and about transforming career slumps into career pivots.

I have experienced a couple of "hunh" moments. One was when I arrived and discovered that I have more time to talk this morning than I had planned for. I'm sure that I knew that at one point, but I had conveniently stuffed that information into the dusty corners of my mind. MORE TIME?? I dashed quickly to the computer and added more to the presentation. Now I need to update my handouts on the website, and I am finished! Okay, that's done!

The second "hunh" moment came when the keynote speaker, Jennifer Buchanan, basically spoke on my afternoon's topic last night. I started to giggle to myself when she started talking about life lessons and being fine with the ups and downs. Now, I've couched my topic a bit differently, but I wish I had heard her a month ago - I would have used her ideas in the discussion that we're going to have later today! Oh well.

It is time to get into presentation mode. Like I said, I have to go outside to the car to get the various journals, magazines, and art materials that I've collected for these two presentations. My thought book is out there as well, and I have thoughts that need to be recorded! At some point, I need to hunt up some food. I will actually go to a presentation this morning before my own start. There weren't many options, but I chose one that I think will be interesting. We'll see.

The rest of the day (other than when I present) is full of meetings, lunch, and more meetings. I may go to some of them, I may not. I am not that interested in business meetings, but they are essential to the workings of any business venture, so I should probably go. I don't do much with the region, so I'm not part of the day to day work of the region, but I am a member, so I should probably attend.

Now I am sitting in my room at the hotel, 70 minutes before any type of restaurant opens for food delivery, and I am getting hungry. I guess I could go get my stuff, but 5am seems a bit early to be wandering around the parking lot. I'll sit here and watch things on Netflix while I am killing time. I hope that you have a wonderful day and weekend. I'll do the same.

Good morning, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA