Thoughtful Thursday: About Advocacy

January is Music Therapy Advocacy Month here in the States. Apparently we focus on our quest for title recognition during this month. I've never been one who liked making cold contacts, and the thought of talking to one of my elected representatives just frightens me to my very toes, so I focus on being a local advocate for music therapy.

My advocacy journey takes me into classrooms, onto social media, into international conferences, and into homes of clients. This year, I've spoken about music therapy to my physical therapist, to a grant developer, and to my friends (lots to my friends!!).

My advocacy journey includes doing my job to the best of my ability.

My advocacy journey has included being an internship director to foster the skills of the new generation of music therapists.

My advocacy journey includes the day to day sessions, contacts, and examples that I try to present to the world.

How do you advocate the importance of this therapeutic medium to others in your world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA