This is It!

Today is the day I start off with my new ideas about how to work with large groups of students who all have significant needs. I will introduce the first center to them today - Explore. We are going to make water bottle shakers at the first center this week. I want every student to go through the center during these first days in order to get all the staff members trained on how to fill out the data I want/need. I have confidence that the clients will be able to do these centers, but I am not so sure about the staff members.

I am nervous. Not as nervous as I get when a new intern starts, but more nervous than usual on a Monday morning. My staff members are the unknown variable in this equation aimed at reducing therapy group size, increasing opportunities for attention, and offering unique music experiences on a weekly basis. If I can make this something that they can understand and just do as a matter of habit, the entire program will work. If not, it will all go down into the dumps.

The key to this is finding the person in the group who understands what I am doing with these new changes.

I have three groups today, so we'll see if I can figure it all out.

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA