The Electronics Curse Strikes Again

I have written before about my difficulty with all things "i" - iPods, iTunes, iPads - but yesterday, I managed to break out of my iThing difficulty and lead straight into just general electronics.

My computer died yesterday. Not the one at home that has had so many problems over the past several months, but the one at work that I have to use to document, communicate, and help clients learn about composition and other stuff. It completely froze and was nonfunctional.

I had seen the signs. Things didn't stop when I asked them to stop. There were several re-boots that just didn't seem to be appropriate. Typing was slow. The signs were there.

The thing that really got to me, though, was that the iPod stopped working as well. I'm hoping that the iPod will eventually start to work (it is an iPod Classic - not made anymore) and will give me what I want as a tool for music therapy. (I can't stream music with the ease that I can find it on the iPod.) If all else fails, I'll go back to the days of CDs. I can still burn CDs for use with my clients. It should work out fine.

I now have a new computer at work, so I no longer have the excuse of things not working to help me avoid work duties. I am going to figure out how to find programs on my new computer (which is just changed enough to make things a bit more difficult than it really has to be). I've been upgraded as well. I now get to live in the world of Windows 10 Professional and Office 2016! What a deal!!

It amazed me how many times I thought, "I could make/print visual aids" and then remembered that the computer was down. Almost everything I do outside of music therapy sessions is related to the broken technology. We store our documentation on the server. Our behavior reward system is hosted on a website. There are many different things that happen on the technology platforms and websites that cannot be accessed when that technology goes down.

I hope, when I make it back to my newly organized office (that's almost done, thanks to yesterday's technology hiatus) that the iPod will turn on and communicate with me again. If not, I will dig out the CDs and plan my music use a bit more carefully. There you go.

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA