Just a Song Sunday: Elements of Music

One of the things that I think about lots and lots is how I use the music with my clients. I think about all of the elements of music and how they all combine together to make for those music therapy moments - both the good ones and the not-so-good ones. I believe that any song can be the basis of a therapeutic intervention if the therapist and the client are able to manipulate the tool (music) to accommodate client needs and objectives.

You can change the tempo, the rhythm, the harmonics, the melody, the pitch, the lyrics, the meter, the form, and the dynamics of the music.

Here are some of the songs that I've analyzed over the years to make the options that I have available to me during specific songs more apparent to me during music therapy implementation. Let me know if you have any questions...







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA