Snowbound - Possibly

 It is time for our first, real, big winter storm to come through the area where I live. (The pictures shown today are from winter storms past - not this one, but I feel they exemplify what is possible out here pretty well.) The Children's Christmas Program at church tomorrow has already been cancelled, and I have stated that I will see what the roads are like before trying to get to work tomorrow morning rather than just recklessly flying out of my driveway the way some folks think I drive around here.

There is something sort of serene about the first real snow of the season, especially when you have no place to go or obligations to fulfill. There is no place I have to be today, so I can stay at home while the freezing drizzle starts to "cover the road in a slick undercoat of ice" before the "snow covers the ice, making for difficult travel." Yep. I can live without eggs for the day. No worries.

I will spend the day cleaning and making things. I got some new stickers from Oriental Trading Company a couple of weeks ago and now I have some ideas of how to use them. I'm going to make dice for some movement games and some other ideas.

I am about 2/3 of the way into my new room right now. The promised cabinets, desk, and file cabinets did NOT show up, so everything is sitting out on the floors right now. I am starting to get excited about finding places for everything and using the room for music therapy. The space itself will be wonderful, once it is organized.

For now, I am going to open up the windows so I can see the snowflakes (when they start), get out my stickers, cardstock, and scissors, and get to making things! It's time for some snow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA