Moving Right Along

My fellow board members of the Online Conference for Music Therapy (registration now open - please plan on attending) know that I am not one to pass up an opportunity to use a Muppet song to illustrate an idea. Here's one for today.


Things are moving right along for me. I found out that I am officially moving on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday of next week with Wednesday already an off-day due to a graduation ceremony and the Holiday Sing. I've decided not to offer music therapy services on Thursday (our last day of school for the calendar year), but to offer access to the student store (now conveniently located within my room) along with a mini open house to get students used to the idea that music therapy is now in a different place.

As a result, tomorrow will be my last day of therapy for the rest of the year. I was hoping to have a couple of days doing therapy in the new space, but I think this plan will work well.

I keep switching between excitement and dread about moving. I have so many plans for what I want to try now that I have enough space to actually move kids around. Then, I remember how much stuff I actually have and think about how much work it will be to move. Then, I start to think some more about sensory stations and listening stations, and I get excited again.

Here's another link (it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this blog post, but you know... - have I ever mentioned how much I love the Muppets?)



And another - this is more related to how I'm feeling right now about moving and the process of moving...


This month is moving right along at a pace that is absolutely tiring, but there is a period of rest and relaxation coming at the end of it all! On Sunday, I was asked if I was looking forward to my rest time at my parent's house. I had to honestly state that I wasn't even thinking about it at this point. There are so many other things happening between now and then that the idea of going someplace doesn't really register. It will on my first day off when I realize that I will be leaving soon and need to clean the house, pack the bag without freaking out the cat, and gather together all of the stuff that I need to take with me. Then I will realize how fast this month has moved.

Off to work to move along. I have to figure out a way to mash up O Christmas Tree and Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer for the Holiday Sing next week... moving right along... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA