Conference is Over - Moving On

The 2016 AMTA National Conference is over and a memory now. It is time to look towards the next things happening. I'm going to be presenting at the 2017 Online Conference for Music Therapy and at the 2017 Super Regional Conference between the Western Region and the Midwestern Region of AMTA. I'm enjoying presenting to others again, and I am looking forward to a trip to Denver before my Spring Break officially starts in March!

I haven't yet unpacked. I've been spending lots of time sleeping lately, getting re-accustomed to allergy medications (which should be no longer needed come Sunday and a hard freeze!!), trying to recover from travel last week, and due to exhaustion caused by a lack of oxygenated blood circulating around my body - gotta love my allergies! I am anticipating some fun rediscoveries when I finally do unpack my bag.

Here's a picture of the loot I got while at conference. Some of them are things I received. Others are things that I bought. I didn't get as many pens as I usually do - they were in short supply, and I wasn't in any meetings where pens are more prevalent - but I did get my obligatory CBMT pin, pen, and post-it pad!! I found three koosh balls and lots of canary sticks and duck sticks! I also picked up a copy of Barbara Wheeler's Music Therapy Handbook to enjoy.


My sister always laughs when I get excited about getting a bag from someone at conference. She is a second-grade teacher and the loot offered at her conferences is AMAZING! She comes home with lots of t-shirts, electronic devices, sample dry erase boards, motivational posters, every sort of pen you can imagine, and lots of other stuff! She finds our meager loot a bit sad, but I am always excited to see a new tote bag or a fancy type pen in my registration packet! 

My next step is to put my upcoming presentations on my calendar and then get them ready to go. I also want to use some of the creative momentum I've got going to do some more webinars for music therapy professionals. It's time.

Happiest of Fridays, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA