Bonus Post: From the Other Side of My First CMTE

Can I get all fan-girly for a moment?
 
I just finished my first CMTE course as a participant in a very long time, and I have to rave about the presenter, Cathy Knoll. Cathy embodies who I want to be when I grow up - passionate, caring, and cogent. While I wish I had more things to take back with me after the time spent in the course, I did remember some very important things about working with my students that I needed to hear again.

It has been a long time since I was able to take advantage of the free continuing music therapy education courses (CMTEs) offered during the AMTA conference. I signed up for two of them - Music Therapy Interventions with Children with Autism and Ethics, Music Therapy, and Spirituality. They are separated by 8 hours of napping, watching television, developing new ideas for the website and business, and working on my own presentations. I may spring for a room service pizza later - who knows! After dinner, I'll go down to talk ethical thought. It will be past my bedtime, but I think I'll be able to stay awake (especially if I get that nap that I really want right now!).

I'm dealing with small anxiety moments - mainly associated with specific people - in a variety of ways. Some of the ways are mature - others, not so much. I am looking forward to having time to be alone. The "Privacy Please" tag is in the door lock, so I am going to try my best to do some relaxing in a place where I know I won't run into anyone. I have some snacks, too!

Cathy Knoll gave me some things to think about and some inspiration as well - things to offer other music therapists. I have all the materials I need to work on those projects, so I know what I'll be doing (after I review my presentations) - creative stuff! I love it!!
 


Time to nap - keep an eye out here. I'll write more occasionally. Here are some pictures of some of the things I've seen so far...


I'm also keeping an eye out for SMU students who need selfies... Haven't met any yet, but the conference hasn't started yet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA