Website Wednesday: Kelly Riley's Online Classroom

Do you ever go out onto Google to explore the music therapy world? I do. I search for music therapy blogs, websites, and tools on a regular basis. I like to see what others are doing out there in the cyberspace world. That's one of the reasons that I'm doing this Wednesday series - linking us all to different things out there.

Today's website is one that I've played with for many, MANY years. Kelly Riley's Online Classroom is a great source for music education and enrichment games. I've enjoyed playing many of these games over the years - especially the Incredibox games.

Split into elementary education grade levels, these games can be a good review for musicians (such as myself - Whack-a-Note is fun for note recognition), or can encourage creative responses from the players. I also like the Isle of Tune for simple cause and effect work.

If you have some extra time, check out this website, especially if you work with school-aged clients. While the site itself is not a music therapy site, it can offer links to new information and challenge us (as therapists) to find therapeutic benefits in these games and applications.

Happy Website Wednesday!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA