Tools of the Trade - MJ vs. iThings (the Continuing Saga)

I'm having some difficulty with my iPod. Again.

It is currently re-syncing everything that was on it before because it all of a sudden just stopped working. Things went missing and stuff just left. I've found out that this has happened to others as well, so now I'm not feeling like iThings have a personal vendetta against me, but still...

I have become accustomed to the convenience of having my music library at my fingertips. It's nice to have a small device that stores ALL of my music during music therapy sessions. I can arrange playlists during the middle of the session and have them for all the subsequent sessions. It is a great device.

...when it works.

I've always had better luck with Windows stuff, but there aren't any Windows-compatible devices with the storage that I want for my library.

For music therapists, the convenience of portable music files is wonderful. No more CD books full of music to lug around. No more cassette tape devices and tapes to fast forward to find the correct musical cue.

Now, I bet some of you are thinking about keeping music in the cloud. My issues with that are that my access to wi-fi is nonexistent in my job environment. Having things in the cloud is great, but useless if you cannot access those things at the moment that you want or need them.

My next move is to figure out what is next. If my iThings aren't going to work reliably, then I will have to do something else.

So, off I go on a familiar journey, trying to figure out how to use my music library in my music therapy sessions.

Happy Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA