Step One - Organizing Thoughts into Pictures

www.musictherapyworks.com
Shaping A Song
I've started my graphic organizer for the concept of how I think about shaping music to each client. It's a bit more difficult that I thought it would be since I can't seem to pin down what I am trying to convey, but it's a start.

This is my way of showing that any song can be used for therapeutic intervention with any client. I just cannot figure out how to show that quite yet. It's coming, but slowly.

I'll be hashing out this concept for some time on Sundays - trying to pin down exactly what I want to say about this idea. It's my process. I fiddle with things and thoughts until they solidify into something concrete. Right now, nothing is solid. It's all liquid.

What I have right now is the three things that I think are the most important about music therapy - client state of being, client preferences for music, and client goals and objectives. Then comes the music. That's where I start to get fuzzy, but I will focus as I keep going on.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA