16 Days...Well, For Me, 14 Days

It's about that time again. I am getting ready for the American Music Therapy Association's national conference. This is something that I do every year at about this time. The fancy clothes laundry is done and waiting to be put in the garment bag. A couple of the presentations are fleshed out, but not all of them. I have my driving directions and my budget all worked out. I am ready for the experience as well.

I enjoy going to conference every year and spend lots of time looking forward to the experience.

This is my first year in quite a while where I don't have to go to meetings. I get to go to presentations and see what others are thinking and doing in music therapy. I am taking 2 CMTE courses (one on Ethics and Spirituality to cover my Ethics requirement) and have to attend the business meeting on Friday (which I usually dash in and out of every year). I have four presentations to be part of (two of my own and two for OCMT) on Friday and Saturday. Once I finish my two presentations (Friday late and Saturday mid-morning), I get to contribute to the OCMT presentations and then I am finished. At some point, I will get into my car and drive south to home. I will decide if I stay until the end of the conference or if I leave early. I love driving to conferences - it makes things very flexible.

I also decided to take the Monday after conference off for recovery purposes. I find that I need a day to recuperate after the social whirlwind that is conference. I have a list of things for my clients to do in my absence, and I have rearranged every thing in the music therapy room so my clients can find things to do while I am gone. The only things missing right now are the karaoke CDs. I'll take them next week.

Two weeks from today, I start my AMTA journey. Will I see you there? If you see me, PLEASE introduce yourself. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA