Thursday - A Change in the Routine

I don't want to talk about much of anything today. It's going to be a different type of day. I am going to the doctor to get yet another check on my knee. I am going to work to have a group of students on a field trip instead of going to music therapy (and I am FINE with that after this week).

This week has included screaming students, a death threat from a student who was upset about the loud fire alarm, spittle flying all over the room, and a strong fist planted on my arm. Everyone and anyone has been yelling, arguing, and refusing any and all attempts at appropriate interaction. I would love to accommodate all requests to use that bathroom at the immediate second that they demand to use the bathroom, but we don't have the staff available to provide line of sight supervision to students when they all want to leave at the same time. So, the frustration mounts.

A change in routine will be good for me. I think it will be good for some of my clients as well. We all need to do something differently in order to find our center again.

Here is my different - enjoy!!

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA