This seems to be one of these days when I just cannot focus on anything long enough to generate entire paragraphs, so here's what's happening in my life these days...
  • I passed physical behavior management re-certification yesterday. This is a BIGGIE in my life right now because I haven't had to do these skills for 13 months. The residual pain is what I experienced before my injury, so nothing out of the ordinary. HOORAY! CELEBRATIONS! ANTHEMS OF JOY!!!
  • We have a potential big donor stopping by today who "is really intrigued by music therapy." This big donor is not interested in funding music therapy (or, at least the facility isn't interested in the big donor funding music therapy), but he has expressed an interest in meeting me and talking to me about music therapy. I am thrilled and nervous, but I think it will go well.
  • I am in the midst of another OMTF episode - (Old Music Therapy Fogey). Why is it that other people cannot use the resources available to them? Seriously, just Google or YouTube "chants" and then use that resource to learn more chant repertoire. Blech. I'll just sit over here and mutter about the old days...
  • I'm starting to practice my presentations for the AMTA conference this November. I am also getting a presentation proposal ready for the Online Conference for Music Therapy. I encourage everyone reading to submit a presentation proposal for this very unique music therapy conference. You have until September 15, 2016 to submit your ideas.
That's all I have time for at this moment. Time to get myself gussied (wow, that's a Fogey word!) up a bit for the donor and then go to work. 

The life of a music therapist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA