Becoming a More Researched-Informed Clinician: Update

I am going to be presenting about my process of becoming a researched-informed clinician at the national conference of the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) this year. I hope you'll be there on Friday afternoon, ready to try out this process of reading and assimilating music therapy research into your own clinical practice.

I started this process when I sat down and looked at the journals that I have sitting on my research journal shelf (yep, I have one of those). I realized that I haven't even cracked several of those journals. I find that strange and sad. SARCASM AHEAD - After all, I SHOULD be reading all of my journals in the midst of working my four jobs and doing the other things that are part of life. Snark!

So, I made this into my professional focus for this year - intentionally using research to bolster my music therapy advocacy and practice.

Right now, I'm spending time getting my presentation outline pulled together (that's right, I'm one of those presenters that doesn't put together the presentation until AFTER it has been accepted for a conference).

If you are interested, we are going to go through the basic process that I am using to help myself condense the information in research articles into information that not only increases my knowledge of music and humans, but also helps me become a better music therapy advocate for the clients I serve.

Mark your calendars for Friday at 5pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA