Supplemental Sunday: Unfinished Projects

Just in case you were wondering, I didn't write anything yesterday. I went to the lake instead and enjoyed the early morning out by the water...ah. Self-care.

Anyway, I am currently in the throes of clearing my house. This is always an adventure in history, as I tend to be a piler of things rather than a tosser of things. I found, in my excavation, this visual that I had put together several years ago for a Therapeutic Music Experience (TME) and for a specific client who has since left. Here was the idea.

This is a mountain. It will stand on its own on the carpet, but I also have a way to help make it more sturdy. It is meant to go with the visual aids that I've drawn for a camp song I learned forever ago - Once An Austrian. There are many links to this song on YouTube, but none of them are the version that I learned, so I'm not going to choose one for you. Sorry.

The different parts of the sequence song are available for adding to the mountain. At the time, I think I was thinking that I could velcro things to the mountain, but now I'm thinking that popsicle stick puppets could be more fun. The popsicle sticks could be painted and then velcroed to accommodate changes in what goes over the mountain.

I love when my brain clicks into creation mode. We could also use this as a visual for the song, The Climb, by Miley Cyrus. We could make our own icons and place them on the mountain (using tape or poster putty) to indicate where we are on our own personal climbs. Hmmm.

Other things we could do with a mountain - The Bear Went Over the Mountain, Valderi, Climb Ev'ry Mountain, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, and others that haven't floated to the top of my Sunday consciousness yet.


I'm going to finish this up, put it in a folder, and put it into my idea box. Happy Sunday! I'm off to do laundry,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA