Knee Deep in Laminating Film

Since I am currently at home for Summer Break, I am catching up on some of the projects that I've envisioned over the past couple of months. 

I finished a series of theme folders based on the TMEs that I've used for four classrooms at my workplace over the past two years. The folders have the topic listed on the tab and then a sheet of paper that has the TME ideas written on it. In addition, I put the masters of any visual aids that I've made or found so that they are all together. Right now, the folders are very basic, but they will grow as I use them more and more.

I am working on my emotion sets. I have all of the emotion PECS ready to be laminated, and now I am finishing up the storage folders. I received my order of Pentaflex folders (in five different colors - including purple, but not orange!), so I'll be able to start putting together my color-coded boxes with the color-coded visual aids. I have some rock band folders to put together into finished products and an idea for movements as well.

While I'm at it, I think I'll start making some the visual aids for the take-a-chance packets I want to make for AMTA and regional conferences.

I bought a bunch of laminating film from one of my favorite websites - Lamination Depot. If you are in the laminating film market, check them out. I get lots of good film at pretty cheap prices, AND they ship things really quickly. (I don't get any type of kickback for endorsing products - these are my opinions and experiences only.) I now have all of the laminating film that I could possibly need to use over the next week.

I have my cutting scissors ready, my velcro cutting scissors ready (NEVER the same pair!), and my materials assembled. It's time to dedicate some time to making these ideas into realities!

(I'll post pictures on Supplemental Sunday of both the process and the finished products!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA