Supplemental Sunday: I Got A Package!!

For the past six months, I have been a subscriber of Music Therapy Mailings, a fun service offered to music therapists by Tracy Reif, MT-BC. For $25 per month, I get an envelope around about the 15th that has a medley of things to use with clients. I never know what I'm going to get, so the arrival of the envelope is always a thrill!

This month's envelope included several things that will supplement therapeutic music experiences for my clients. There is a book-in-progress for What A Wonderful World - the lyrics are printed on blank sheets, waiting for decoration and lamination. There is a full book for Earth Day - Help Our Earth - a piggy-back song. There is a lyric/melody sheet for Pick A Bale of Cotton, some cotton shapes for use as recommended by thte song sheet, a highlighter (because, who doesn't need another highlighter?) and teo sets of Dr. Seuss cards - numbers and letters.

The best thing about this is the mystery. Sometimes I get lots of little things. Sometimes I get a big thing and not much else. It is always evident that Tracy puts lots of thought into what she sends her subscribers. She also always adds a personal note - a great touch.

Some of the best TMEs come from surprises. I always look forward to getting this envelope in the mail because it stimulates my thinking about what I can do with my clients in ways that I would have never stumbled upon myself. Once I have the supplementals, it becomes my job to come up with the therapeutic use of music to match my clients' goals and objectives. Lots of creativity, stimulation, and results come from each one of those envelopes.

I am getting ready to sign up for my third subscription cycle. I am having too much fun right now to stop!

Here is the link to the website. I hope you enjoy this just as much as I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA