Monday Morning

4 am comes very early after a time change and a week of sleeping in. It's time to go back into the work routine, so it's time to wake up and get ready.

It's been a week since I have been in the music therapy room at my facility. 

This week has been full of napping, trying to figure out what to do with my life, and cleaning bits and pieces of my home. It has been a good week, but it is now time to get back into the music therapy clinician routine. I have a very small idea about what I am going to do with students this week. We are going to figure out our Musician of the Month through word scrambles, music listening, and discussion. Other than that, my current session plans are wide open. They will be more firm as of this morning at 8:30 am (the first kids arrive at 9 am).

Mondays are my plan and preparation days. I do not have an afternoon group, so I get some time to arrange and organize the next couple of weeks. I hope I can concentrate. When I am medically cleared and off of light duty, I will be doing individual sessions, but right now, I am not able to be alone with kids, so I just have lots of time to make plans. I am hoping to be allowed to start kneeling pretty soon so I can get back into behavior management training and 1:1 sessions, but it's not looking good. Darn injuries!

I've put together a lunch for later today. I have arranged my goal list for this week. I have an idea about what I am going to do with some of my clients, and I am looking forward to getting back into my work routine. All-in-all, a good break.

I think I am starting to wake up now. Have a great Monday!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA