It's Important

I am sitting here, trying to figure out what to write about this morning. It is almost the end of Spring Break, and I am sitting in my "in progress" cleaning process. I have a meeting in less than an hour, so I am not really able to do much of anything else right now. I could start a load of laundry and let that run while I am meeting. I could also keep ripping CDs to my computer. I could do both of those things simultaneously! Be right back!!

Okay, that's started. This has been a good week. I did the things that I had to do, but spent the rest of the time doing things that I wanted to do. I spent some money on more scrapbooking and paper tools for making visual aids. I grocery shopped and made some food for later this month. I finished my taxes and the tax process for the not-for-profit business that I am part of. I am getting ready for an influx of money that will allow me to move into new business practices. I made some progress on a project that I am doing with a good friend of mine (she knows who she is!!).

I also took naps, ate chocolate, made brownies, and spent lots of time reading things for fun. I washed dishes in the dishwasher and by hand. I ate chips and dip when I wanted to - even at 6:30 in the morning!

The rest of today will be spent in meetings, in projects, in freezing food for later on. I hope to play a bit with my new scrapbooking tools to make something new for tomorrow's Supplemental Sunday post. I also will spend time talking to my family about their day. My mother and my sister are just starting their Spring Breaks, so they are where I was a week ago - ready for some relaxation.

I am ready to go back to work... I think.

While I love being at home for some R&R, I also love my job and my work. When I return to work, some of my clients will be gone. I will have new clients to work with and get to know. Some of my clients will be glad to see me. Others will not be so happy that I am around. I will be spending time writing session plans and getting things ready for them. There is something comforting about routine and working.

Self-care is something that has become very important to me.

There was a question on social media lately about taking time off. I believe fully in the use of sick days and planned vacations. A therapist who doesn't take time away from therapy cannot be a good therapist - there is just too much that other people take. You have to refresh yourself or you end up burning out.

An occasional day off is essential to my self-care process. A lazy vacation is also essential.

I am going to go to my meeting now. Have a refreshing day. Take care of your self. 

It's important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA