Things to Do - Places to Go

It is the beginning of Thanksgiving break for me, and the beginning of my preparations for my upcoming medical procedure. I have (gulp) six days before I finally get my ACL repaired. I am simultaneously looking forward to and dreading the upcoming weeks. I am ready to get my knee fixed to a point where I can bend it, walk normally, and even jog a bit. Before next Tuesday, however, there are things to do.

Some of these things are easy to accomplish. For example, I need to get the car service finished. That's happening in about an hour. I have the easy role to play in that scenario - I just take the car in. They are going to tell me that my tires are shot, but I refuse to pay for tires from the dealer, so I will need to get tires very soon. The rest of the to-do list is on me.

It is necessary that I spend some time cleaning my home so I can navigate with crutches next week. I also have some cooking on tap so all I will have to do is reheat instead of cook from scratch. Cooking and cleaning are the most crucial things to do. In addition, I need to finish the latest installment of sing about songs for publication on December 9th. I also need to get the ice maker up and running, find an ice bag, and do the never-ending pile of laundry.

I hope that your Thanksgiving (if you are here in the States, like me) is a time of relaxation and an opportunity to give Thanks for the things that we all have. If this Thursday is just a regular Thursday for you, please have a wonderful day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA