Thursday.

This has been a busy type week. Yesterday's sessions went pretty well. Only two major meltdowns during the "difficult" group yesterday. The rest of the groups went well. Clients seemed to enjoy the session plans and worked together well on assembling the drum set and then waiting patiently for their turns to play. (The paraeducators that I work with HATE drum set week!!) I've been a bit disappointed with other situations that have occurred this week - like being told I cannot be CPR certified since I cannot kneel on my left knee due to my work-related injury and having to rearrange my schedule in order to accommodate changed plans (of course, no one bothered to check my status until the day before the training, so I wasn't really ready for my sessions yesterday, but that's just my own grumble).

Anyway, today is starting off to be an emotional upheaval type of day. Everything I read right now makes me either cry or rage. Innocuous posts about the World Series (which, believe me, is ALL I am seeing around here these days) are just plain old ANNOYING me. I have little to no interest in most sporting events and this is just taking time and resources away from my students. (There - that's the grump taking over. Lots of people like sporting events, and I shouldn't spend my time faulting them for liking something that I don't care about.)

I really want donuts this morning.

Bella, reading my blog post - Do you think she approves?
The cat has arrived for her usual morning check-in on what I am doing. Her usual habits of sitting in front or on top of EVERYTHING that I am doing are annoying. It's about time for me to acknowledge that today will be an emotional day - and not in a good way. I just think I am descending into a funk of emotions. 

It is Thursday.

My Thursday schedule is comprised of four group sessions. That's all. Only four sessions. I hope to spend some time taking care of the ever present tasks of a music therapist - documentation, reading, and trying to arrange my session plans for the next week. I have some ideas, but I am still not completely finished with the planning. I have to save something for the endless, lonely stretch of time that is Friday. Maybe I'll take my personal computer to work on Friday. I can work on TMEs and my sing about songs project. I probably won't since I am a bit hyper sensitive about intellectual property and keeping my personal business stuff away from my work placement, but I will need a plan for tomorrow. I think that is part of the frustration of Thursday for me - the endless expanse of Friday.

I'm off. I am going to arrive about 45 minutes early, but that's typical for me. I will finish yesterday's documentation this morning and then start the therapy day.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA