Synthesis Sunday - Transformation Into Supplemental Sunday

I spend a bit of time every day thinking about what I want to write on this blog and what to send out into the universe. It's always an interesting experience to sit down and write something. Sometimes what I write makes it to this blog, but often, I go through several iterations of topics, paragraphs, visuals, and organization before I have something that I settle on.

These Sunday posts are often the most challenging for me, especially with the current title, Synthesis Sunday. At first, the title was meant to spur me into reading music therapy things - texts and articles. It worked for a bit, but now I am not really into reading about music therapy (the urge comes and goes - right now, it's gone!). I've had other Sunday themes - Song Synthesis Sunday and Song Switch Sunday - as well as this one, but I think I'm in the need for another theme for these Sunday posts.

Here are my rules - There must be alliteration! Whatever I do, I think post themes need alliteration. That's why TME days are on Tuesdays and Favorite Things are on Fridays. It's just the way I am. Alliteration organizes my thoughts. Silly, hunh? Well, it's just me.

Next rule - I have to be interested in what I'm doing. There is nothing worse than feeling stuck in a situation that you cannot get out of. That's why I have to freedom to change things here on my blog and on my website. I've been stuck doing things (projects, theses, proposals, sessions, ah, the list could go on and on), and I do not like being in a situation where I cannot be creative! Therefore, I get to change things as often as I want here. I have full control and the ability to make things interesting to me.

So, I am now in a place where it is time to shake things up a bit.

Words - song, staccato, slurp, Snickers (ooh, I am already in the mood for chocolate at 5 am, that does not bode well for the day), symbol, supplemental (I like that one for now!! I've got it!)

Next week will be Supplemental Sunday. "What is that?" you may ask? One of my most recent interns stated that her educational program called visual aids "supplementals." For the near future, I will post something that I've made to enhance my music therapy sessions or TMEs on these Sunday mornings.

I started a new one yesterday during Creativity Camp! It will be ready for pictures by next Sunday! To start us off, though, here is a picture of a former supplemental/visual aid that's been on this blog before...
www.musictherapyworks.com
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA