TME Tuesday - We're Great, But No One Knows It!

One of the songs that I loved when I was a camper (many, MANY moons ago) was one definitely designed to address self-esteem and group cohesion. It's one that struck me this morning as a good starting point for a new Therapeutic Music Experience (TME) for my students. So, here's the song...

Lyrics - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140804145854-24169506--we-re-great-but-no-one-knows-it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y2KDElAsrg - this group COULDN'T have composed this since I was singing it WAY before the date that video was made

So, how would I use this in a session with clients who need some work on group cohesion or self-esteem? Hmmm.

If I'm working with an individual, we will start by changing the words a bit from "we" to "I." The song itself leads into discussion. "What will you do to be considered great?" "What are the types of things that make people great?" "What is great about you already?"

It is a wonderful mantra and one that I think about even to this day.

This TME is still in development. I may flesh it out this weekend, I may not. We shall see.

How could you use this song/chant with your clients?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA