Time for Another Great Adventure!

Do you ever just go away for a time to find an adventure? I do not. I am mainly a homebody who just sits at home and enjoys structure and routine. Lately, however, I've been craving something new, so I've been moving into adventurous situations (at least, for me!).

My adventures this year have included expanding my reading and writing about music therapy, traveling to different music therapy programs, thinking about internships a bit differently, trying to come up with creative ideas, starting up a non-profit organization for music therapists (look up the Online Conference for Music Therapy), and working on my role in the greater music therapy world. This year has been an adventure, to say the least.

I am not finished with the adventuring.

I am stepping outside my comfort zone yet again. One of my fortune cookies from my latest Chinese food order stated, "Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear." So, it is time to take another leap into the void of the future. 

Today's adventure includes a well-stuffed envelope. Who knows if anything will come of it, but it may.

Take an adventure today. Try something new with a client. Figure out how to publish your music. Write something that makes you feel something. Get in your car and drive someplace new. Send an envelope off into the world. Ask someone to do something with you. Speak up in a group setting. Make something. 

Adventure.

adventure

[ad-ven-cher]
noun
1. an exciting or very unusual experience.
2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises:
the spirit of adventure.
3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
4. a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture.
5. Obsolete. 
peril; danger; risk. chance; fortune; luck.
 
verb (used with object), adventured, adventuring.
6. to risk or hazard.
7. to take the chance of; dare.
8. to venture to say or utter:
to adventure an opinion.
 
verb (used without object), adventured, adventuring.
9. to take the risk involved.
10. to venture; hazard.

(From Dictionary.com) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA