Favorite Things Friday - The Library

My favorite Friday afternoon activity is a quick crawl around the small library in the town where I work. I completely skip the non-fiction section (I know that I should probably be finding things about factual things, but I can firmly suppress this goblin - I LOVE FICTION!). I can usually get in and out in 15 minutes. I enter, take my bag, and roam the fiction section. I have some authors that I go to first right now. I am enjoying Janet Evanovitch and Dave Berry right now, so I go there first to see if the next books in the series are available, and then I just go on impulse.

There is nothing more comforting to me than rooms and rooms full of books.

Library books are there for the taking - albeit temporarily - but, there for the taking! I can get any book that I want. I can also get movies, CDs, ideas, and inspiration at the library.

(And, it's free as long as I do what I am supposed to do. I admit, I have had to pay fines occasionally, but, in my defense, the last time, I had the flu and couldn't drive the hour to the town where I work in order to get the one book that I couldn't renew online back to the library. I did return it as soon as I could. so I cheerfully paid the fine...)

There are many libraries in the town where I work, but they are not as convenient for me as the one in the small town.

I have my library bag, my card, my KS state library card (that's a thrill!!), and a quest for some specific books! Cannot wait!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA