Early Morning Routines

I was reading Janice Lindstrom's blog the other day (She's doing an A-Z blog challenge) and found "R is for Routines." In her discussion, she wrote about getting inspiration from FlyLady.net, and I went over to the website to see what it was all about. I am now a subscriber. I started thinking about my own routines.

My early morning routine is my most consistent routine at this time. I wake up about 4:45 (if it's a late day and I get all the sleep I want!!), use the bathroom, take a shower, and then go to the computer. That's right, I start my day with hygiene and then the computer. I go to all of my email accounts and answer emails or place them on the to-do list for later. I then move to my blogger account. I blog for a bit, and then I play my three games. I fix breakfast and lunch in there somewhere. After that, I leave for work.

I don't have a consistent after work routine.

I have lots of work routines. My first step is to turn on the computer and look at emails. I then start my documentation from the day before. I have never been the type of person who can debrief immediately after a session. I can talk about some of the details, but I often have to move right into the next session, so I don't often have time to do my documentation immediately after each session. I do my documentation the next morning. I can concentrate on what happened more easily with some thinking space. I then finish my preparation for the day, and then I go out to greet our bus students in bus duty. Then, my daily therapy session schedule starts.

I like routine. I like knowing what should happen at different times of the day, but I can handle some variation in routine - just not lots of changes in what I do every day. 

My routine at work has been interrupted lately. I've been giving presentations in the middle of sessions, and I've had to attend interviews and meetings in the middle of other sessions. Add to that an increase in my asthma and allergies, and most of my routines have changed in the past three weeks. This is probably why I am so out-of-sorts. I don't have my structure through my routine. Hmmm.

Time to take back my structure and my routine.

My first task, according to FlyLady.net, is to clean my sink.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA