TME Tuesday - Spring Break Edition - #800!!

Today's post is the 800th post on this blog.

(I'm going to take a bit of time to reflect that I have actually managed to write about things 800 times over the past 8 years...)

Okay, that's over. It's time for the TME Tuesday part of this post. Since I am on Spring Break, I am taking an electronic tour of music therapy sites on the web. Today's theme is, of course, therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) and the sites that are out there to give some good ideas.
  • Wholesome Harmonies - Amy Kalas Busar heads up the team at Wholesome Harmonies and offers lots of ideas and resources to help therapists find new ideas. The blog is updated about every week, and there are lots of ideas. Here's a link for the most recent blog post - about St. Patrick's Day.
  • Music Therapy Activity Ideas - This is a good idea that really hasn't taken off. The last posts were in 2010. There are some interesting therapeutic music experiences on the site. All of the TMEs were designed for adults in forensic mental health settings. I wonder if the site is still active. Maybe I'll send in a TME to see if it is active. If not, I wonder if they would let me take over the concept...
  • Music Therapy Tunes - Margie La Bella has a site that offers ideas and lots of links to her own music. It's a good site to get ideas for what to do with young clients. She even offers the opportunity to compile your own CD of her music for use in sessions. It's another great idea that I wish I had first! I wish she would post more frequently - but I wish that about almost every single blog that I find! I WANT MORE!!
  • Music Therapy Activities Wiki - I think there is good information here, but I can't seem to navigate the site easily. I know that is just me and my inability to think like some electronic formats, but I am wanting to dive into this site for more and more! For me, the best thing about this site is the list of indices that allows me to search via goal area, population, and use of music. It's another interesting idea.
  • Tuned Into Learning - The link to this site is to the page that offers free printables - I like FREE! Tuned Into Learning is part of the services of Coast Music Therapy and those folks do a great job of promoting music therapy for their clients and for others! This site has lots of information and resources for music therapists who work with children in music therapy settings.
Tomorrow's tour will be blogs that I love that may (or may not) have any relationship with music therapy. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for additional blogs that could or should be on this list of blogs? Let me know in the comments!!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA