Thinking Deep Thoughts...

Things to think about...

(by the way, all of these quotes are from Goodreads


“Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!”
J.K. Rowling,
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
 
“Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”
Hunter S. Thompson 
 
“Where words fail, music speaks.”
Hans Christian Andersen 
 
“Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.”
Sarah Dessen, Just Listen 
 
“Beethoven tells you what it's like to be Beethoven and Mozart tells you what it's like to be human. Bach tells you what it's like to be the universe.”
Douglas Adams 
 
“He took his pain and turned it into something beautiful. Into something that people connect to. And that's what good music does. It speaks to you. It changes you.”
Hannah Harrington, Saving June 
 
“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
Maria Augusta von Trapp 
 
“Music... will help dissolve your perplexities and purify your character and sensibilities, and in time of care and sorrow, will keep a fountain of joy alive in you.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer 
 
“I'm wishing he could see that music lives. Forever. That it's stronger than death. Stronger than time. And that its strength holds you together when nothing else can.”
Jennifer Donnelly, Revolution 
 
“Music can change the world because it can change people.”
Bono 
 
“It was the moment I realized what music can do to people, how it can make you hurt and feel so good all at once.”
Nina LaCour, Hold Still 
 
“Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.”
Edward Bulwer-Lytton 
 
“Too bad people can't always be playing music, maybe then there wouldn't be any more wars.”
Margot Benary-Isbert, Rowan Farm 
 
“Through music we may wander where we will in time, and find friends in every century.”
Helen Thompson 
 
“Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.”
John Erskine 
 
“Music is a supernatural force on the earth. It has the power to transform the heart and mind.”
Kathy McClary, A Kid's Study Guide To Praise  
 
 
 
 
 
Are you wondering why I am collecting quotes? I am getting ready to use all of my paints (won at AMTA this year in the chance drawing) to make myself a project. I'm thinking a small collection of canvases, propped up on a small easel for my desk. Now, I am a dabbler when it comes to painting, but I really love lettering, so I'm thinking that I will combine my love of lettering and all of this paint into small inspirational canvases to help me remember the reason why I do this job. I have (some of) the quotes now. Next step, buying the canvases. I am hoping that this project will be a labor of love and will be something that I can continue for a long time. 
 
What quotations about music inspire you? What types of quotes would you include as an inspirational message for a musician? For a music therapist?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA