Favorite Things Friday - Inspiration from Nothing at All

Do you ever have one of those A-Ha moments that just stops you in your tracks? I get them occasionally, and often when I am in the middle of a music therapy session. Sometimes it happens in Wal-mart. Other times it happens when I am in between sleep and wakefulness.

Lately my A-Ha moments have been completely unrelated to my work situation and completely related to where I want to be in the future.

My interns have asked me to tell them how I come up with ideas. I have to say that I don't really know how I come up with ideas. Most of my ideas pop into my head, and I try to remember them long enough to write them down. Most of my great ideas just pass through my head in and out in a moment. Some of them stick. I like it when they stick. It doesn't happen as often as I would like.

Today's goal?

Find one thing that inspires a Therapeutic Music Experience for my current clients.

I'm going to go out into the world with my eyes open. I'm going to look at my theme list, on the internet, in my materials box, and all of my other stashes of stuff to see what makes me think and envision.

I'll keep my post-it notes close so I can write down any and all ideas that flit into my head.

Maybe something will happen on this Favorite Things Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA