The Perils of Pinterest

I woke up extra early this morning - I tend to do that before a break from work. Anyway, with an extra couple of hours, I finished up most of my morning routine before I usually wake up, so I headed over to Pinterest. NEVER A GOOD IDEA FOR ME!

I was introduced to Pinterest by one of my interns who loved it! She found lots of ideas for things to do in sessions and recommended it to me. At the same time, both my mother and my sister started using the site, so I reluctantly started to look around.

Earlier this year, I started my own account. I now have several different boards that I don't use really well yet, but I am learning.

(My personal favorite boards are the ones for Fandom and for Inspiration.)

My major problem with Pinterest is that I tend to get sucked into the old goblins of "I should/could/would..." You know the ones? "I should be doing nifty infograms." "I should be posting on this board every single day." "I should be better at using this platform for something other than collecting things about my favorite television shows."

These thoughts often lead my emotional brain to think to things like, "I'm such a bad therapist since I'm not doing the same things that other music therapists are doing." I have to practice cognitive behavioral therapy on myself. My rational brain is able to tell my emotional brain to knock it off! There is no reason why I "should" be like anyone else. I am the best "ME" I can be. That's what is important! 





So, I'm going out into the world today to be the best "me" for my clients, myself, and for the others that I interact with during my day. Please do the same!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA