Song Switch Sunday - Not My Work!! Thanks, Kyle!!

I am away from my usual place and all of my instruments, so I am going to be lazy today and post a YouTube link to a playlist made by a music therapy friend of mine - Kyle J. Fleming, MT-BC!!

Kyle's playlist demonstrates one of the therapeutic elements of music that I like to play with - harmony, and more specifically, mode!

So, what Kyle did was to switch familiar Christmas songs from their original modes to opposite modes. A major mode turned into a minor mode and vice versa. He sings the songs as well as plays excellent piano accompaniments. The effect is quite interesting and illustrates the importance of mode and harmony on our perception of familiar songs.

Thanks, Kyle, for such a great example of how a simple change in one of the elements of music can affect everything else!

If you leave a comment, tell Kyle I say "Hello!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA