700. Celebration.

This is the 700th post on this blog. It amazes me that I've been able to come up with 700 topics to write about in the past eight years. The best thing about titling the blog, "music, therapy, and me," has been that I can write about anything and everything on this site. And, I do.

One of the things that frustrates me greatly in the music therapy blogosphere is when I find a blog that I like that has only two or three posts with the promise of more, but no more. In my early years of writing, that was me - only, without the promise of more or even anything good to say. I had to practice my writing in order to figure out what I wanted to say here. It took time and practice to find my pattern. 

So, here's what I do these days. I wake up every morning, log-in to my spot, and start to write. Some days, I have good ideas. Other days, it's a struggle, but I keep writing. I write about ideas to do with my clients, about my thoughts about music therapy as a profession, and about the little things that happen in my life. I've found some patterns to my blogging - Sing A Song Sunday, TME Tuesday, and Favorite Things Friday. I've learned how to post pictures from my blog to Pinterest and have found other ways of letting people know I'm out there in cyberspace. The topics either come easily, or I don't write anything. I finish up my posts and go to work.

I often troll around the blogosphere looking for music therapy blogs that offer the types of things that I need as a professional - ideas, support, illustrations that I'm not the only one out there trying to make it in this profession. I find inspiration in Janice Lindstrom's TalkRadio blog. I look at JoAnn Jordan's blog on a regular basis. Roia Rafeyian always has something deep to say at her blog, The Mindful Music Therapist. There are others that I just visit sporadically to see if there is anything out there that I am missing or need to know. I look at elements of those blogs to see if there is anything that I could also be doing here. I am appreciative of how much we therapists do on a regular basis to create, to educate, and to inspire.

So, 700 posts. Tomorrow is TME Tuesday and post 701. I'll keep going. Please keep reading. 

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Aw...Thanks for listening to the show! Congratulations on 700 posts!! I'm about to broadcast #199. -Janice Lindstrom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA