TME Tuesday - Oh No!



It's getting close to the AMTA conference, so I'm getting a bit excited and stressed about how much I need to do here before going to the conference. This song is one that I use as a "filler" song. It helps me when I get overly extended (like now) and when I am unable to find even the simplest things on my cart. This way, kids help me figure out where my brain is...

This TME needs some work - it's a bit simplistic, but I can fix that once I have a bit more time. Let me know if there are ways you would use this TME that I haven't thought of yet.

 Therapeutic Music Experience
 Mary Jane Landaker, MME, MT-BC
Oh No

Purpose: To increase object recognition; to address directive-following

Source: Original song. © July 8, 2008 by Mary Jane Landaker, MME, MT-BC

Materials: None for song

Song:
Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!
Where did it/they go, it/they go, it/they go, it/they go?
Help me find the egg shaker(s). Look in the box.

Replace underlined words with other objects and directives.
 Procedure:
  1. Start singing song, using objects in the music room
  2. Using song lyrics, direct clients to objects
  3. Expect clients to move around the room to find and indicate specified objects
  4. Reinforce correct responses through eye contact, facial expressions, and brief verbal reinforcement
  5. Change object and location to repeat the verses
  6. Ask clients to take over the leadership and sing the song
  7. Repeat steps 1-6 until clients show signs/symptoms of disinterest or time runs out

Adaptations/Extensions:
  • Use song for Instrument Hunt TME
  • Use song as alternative to I Spy TME
  • Use song as format for Hot and Cold TME
  • Use as a closing/transition song (see below)

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!
It’s time to go, to go, to go, to go.
Time to walk to Room One.
Help me get to Room One.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA