Help From the Cat

Over the past several days, I've been doing lots of my computing from my bedroom. This has occurred simply because I have wanted to be there (rather than being confined to my room). One of the things that always happens when I sit on the bed and attempt to write is the "cat-full" phenomenon.

Now, if you've never lived with a cat, you may not know what I mean, but, if you have lived with a feline before, I am sure that you are familiar with this situation. Anytime you sit down to do work, the cat ensures that your gaze, lap, and direct path to your is full of cat. Apparently, I cannot be trusted to do my work without the direct supervision of one of the feline ilk - in my case, Bella takes the job somewhat reluctantly, but always with gusto. The picture above, taken via webcam demonstrates the lengths that she reluctantly goes to on a regular basis in order to provide me with the level of supervision that I obviously require.

How does this situation work into the topic of this blog you may ask (and probably are at this moment right now)? You know, I don't really know. I know that there are documented studies that show significant links between pet ownership and blood pressure levels. It's my theory that working with my pet (in all her feline contrariness), makes me a better therapist. I can gauge my responses based on her responses to me. Let's face it, cats require behavior management protocols so much more than any other being I have ever interacted with in my entire life! Mainly, I think, because cats just don't really seem to care about behavior management.

Several years ago, my dad asked me to find an album by Garrison Keillor and Frederica Von Stade entitled Songs of the Cat. So, I did. It was a gift for my mother who was really missing our newly departed cat, Martha. The CD arrived from Minnesota Public Radio, and we listened with glee to songs titled The In and Out Song, Alaska Cats, and Cats May Safely Sleep. (Check the album out on Amazon - it's just plain old fun if you like cats at all!) Unfortunately, in my experience, people who are not fond of cats don't really like the music that much, so I find it best not to force my doggy friends to listen to this album - they just don't get it.

The cat has now moved on. I guess my post is enough for her right now. It's time to get the day going and for me to get out of her hair.

17 days until AMTA...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA