The Journals - Outgrowing the Space

www.musictherapyworks.com
This is a picture of my journal shelf. As you can see, I have many of those brown and pastel covered journals from over the years. I've had to move them recently to this new corner shelf because I have too many for the space where they used to live. So, they now live here.

I am not a huge journal reader. I tend to read things when I need to or have to rather than just to fill up time. It's something I should probably do more of in my life - read the research of my profession - but I don't. It's time to do a bit better with this situation.

How do you use the journals and research of our profession?

A bit ago, I spent time everyday reading one of my many music therapy textbooks and wrote a bit about what I read. I found it interesting and it gave me a chance to think about music therapy in a different way than I usually do - in the music therapy sessions that happen in my life.

The theoretical nature of music therapy research has a function, but I feel that I don't always relate that theory to the actual practice of music therapy. It is a challenge for me - always has been and probably always will be challenging.

Here's my plan. I will find an article in my collection to read every week. I'll read it, think about it, and try to figure out how I can use the information found in the article in my everyday music therapy life.

Would you be interested in what I read and what I think about the articles?

Maybe it'll be a recurring theme for the blog...maybe not.   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA