Favorite Things Friday - People Clackers

Do you know that moment when you have a favorite instrument, but you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what other people call them so you try to go onto the internet to find a picture and just cannot? Here's my current dilemma!! I love some instruments that I have, but I cannot find a picture of them on the web at all! This picture is the closest that I've been able to find, and I don't have ANY of these!

My favorite set of these "people clacker instruments" have faces (and mouths that line up with the clacking part like the duck here). I have four of these - a girl (Petunia), the twins (Fred and George - you can tell them apart because George has a scar on the back of head), and a dapper man with a hat and a mustache (Monsieur LePeu). They have a menagerie of pets and animals as well - horses, frogs, alligators, birds, and a purple bear.

My kids love these and often ask for them (that's all the kids, even the big old teens!). We use them to practice conversation skills. We take turns in the receptor and communicator roles - one clacker clacks while all of the others listen. We practice interruptions and arguments - all of those things that my students do not appear to be aware of when engaged in actual speaking. We process the conversation that we had (all without words).

I am looking for more of these people clacker thingies.

Does ANYONE know what their official name is???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA