Releasing

I am stressed today. I'm not sure why I have such a huge stress level right now, but I can tell that it's not really releasing.


So, now it's time to practice some of the self care that I preach to others about. 

I have been sitting here writing paragraph after paragraph of my rants, raves, and current stressors. Most of them are targeted around several people who don't really know much about the stuff they keep screaming about, and who will just continue to dig holes deeper and deeper until they realize what I already know. Operator error is the cause of almost everything that's going on. I've been telling them this over and over - since problems only seem to occur when one person is involved - but they are going to have to figure that out by themselves. I'm bowing out of the conversation and the process. Time to release.

I cannot continue to be shaken by the ignorance of others.

Releasing is easier said than done.


Why is it difficult to let go of things? I think that therapists are programmed to care deeply and passionately about things and others. That makes us likely to get too involved and too engaged in the things that we care about. When we are sensitive-types (like me), we can tend to take any type of criticism on any topic that we are passionate about as personal criticism.

Now, I'm often good at disconnecting, but it's not happening easily right now. There are lots of things at play in my life, not the least of which is job-related. I've learned over the years that it is better to express my feelings and then try to move on. If I don't actively engage in trying to find some resolution, I end up just stuffing the emotions down and then it all comes bubbling up in a thick, festering spew later on. So, take out the emotion, look at it, think about it, make a decision about how to proceed, and proceed. No second-guessing. No going back. Move on.

For the next several days, I will probably need to limit my interaction with the people who are currently driving me crazy. I will also try to work through my feelings as I am getting over some of the stress-filled situations that are out there in my universe.


I'm going to find some fun things to do today. I want to finish a project that I've been sewing on, and I have to do laundry (not really FUN, but necessary if I am to wear clothing next week at work - my co-workers would appreciate that, I'm sure!). Maybe I'll write a song or TME. I'm working on some new ideas for my website and for my own music therapy enrichment. That will be fun. Maybe I'll bake a cake or make cookies. I will certainly waste time on Pinterest and the web. I will cuddle with the cat and listen to her purr. I will hope that there are storms outside while I am sitting safe and sound inside. I will organize a small bit of my environment the way I want to without difficulty, opposition, or people getting in my way.


It's time to release and let go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA