Sing A Song Sunday #3 - The Land of Silly

Today's book choice was one of the WeeSing series. If you work with young children, these books are worth finding and purchasing. The fakebook arrangement of music and small size makes these books good to keep around if you need a quick inspiration. I grabbed this book... WeeSing and Pretend: People, Around the House, and Toys and Music by Pamela Conn Beall and Susan Hagen Nipp. When I checked out Amazon for this title, I found it being sold for $1.87. Just search for "WeeSing and Pretend people," and this book pops up. I found mine in a discount bookstore along with other volumes. They are books that I use to refresh my repertoire when I get in clinical ruts. I also use them with students. The students seem to like the size of the books, the pictures, and the music. I like the Fakebook style as well as the variety of songs inside. Too bad that I'm not actually getting paid to promote these books - I could be making some money!!

Anyway, today's random page turned out to be pages 4 and 5 - The Land of Silly. The words are pretty absurd and lend themselves well to silly movements with our bodies. I cannot post a scan of this song due to copyright issues, so, if you are interested, buy the book. You can also buy an mp3 of the song through Amazon at this link.



As you can see, there are lots of musical elements that can change to accommodate client needs or preferences. I can adapt the tempo, timbre, lyrics, dynamics, pitch, and melody in order to give my students music that will fit them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA